September 8, 2013

Week in Review - Kindergarten and Soccer


Last Tuesday was our first day of school.  I think we were the last county in our region to start back, and I can honestly say that I like that summer break doesn't end until after Labor Day. I hear there is talk of it possibly changing in the years to come, which is really unfortunate for the children.

Here are a few photo's I was able to grab before Emma headed off on her first day of Kindergarten.  Since she is baby #4, and the last to start school, Momma was a hot mess that day!  It didn't really hit me until I found myself looking out the door every minute watching for the bus to come up the hill.  Once it dawned on me what I was doing, the tears started rolling.  If I had the patience to home school, I would probably be tempted to keep her home.



Saturday marked the start of our fall soccer season, and Emma's first "official" soccer game.  I think she will be following in her brother's footsteps. She seems to have more of an interest in soccer than cheerleading, which seems odd considering how she is such a girly-girl.  Mommy and Daddy don't mind though.  We encourage our children to participate in team sports, but prefer to let them decide which sport they enjoy more.




No comments:

Post a Comment