August 14, 2012

Make it Monday ~ Home Made Dish Cloths



Growing up we never used dish cloths.  There was a sponge, tea-towels, and of course paper towels.   Not until my husband and I moved in together did I realize that the "dish cloth" was such a must-have!  For those of you who have always used them, I am sure I sound crazy right?  Yea, I figured as much :-)  

Since I enjoy knitting and crocheting in my past-time, I decided I should try making a few myself. I am also sharing a pattern that many others have also shared.  The pattern works up quick, and is a great pattern if you are just getting started learning how to knit.
  • Eco-friendly
  • Machine washable
  • Durable
  • Quick to create
  • Can be made in almost any color or color combinations
  • Cotton yarn is relatively inexpensive
  • Fun to make and share with others (I just may give them as gifts this year)
I have made a few in the Lily Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton.  This yarn can be found at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnns.  It's a great yarn to stock up on when the stores are having their sales.  
Another nice yarn choice is Lion Brand's Nature's Choice Organic Cotton Yarn.  This is a very soft yarn, and would make wonderful washcloths as well.

Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth 


Cast on 4 stitches

Row 1: Knit all stitches

Row 2: Knit two stitches, Yarn Over, Knit to End of Row

Continue Row 2 until there are a total of 44 stitches on the needle

Next row:  Knit one, knit 2 together, Yarn Over, Knit 2 Together, Knit to End of Row

Continue this round until there are 4 stitches remaining on the needle

Knit one row

Bind off 

Weave in ends

No comments:

Post a Comment