August 26, 2013

Weekend In Rewind


Wow! It's amazing how quickly the weekends come and go.  Football, family time, birthday preparations and shopping, birthday celebration, re-cooperation, and family bike riding. I think that about sums up my weekend!



Saturday morning started out bright and early. . . 5 a.m. to be exact.  Of course, it wouldn't have to be so early if I didn't require the morning cup of joe.   It was also the first day of cheerleading for Football Fest and team photo's.  Cheerleading is very new to us, we are pretty much the typical "soccer family". The boys haven't ever played Football, which is probably because Mommy never let them. Yes, it's my fault. But now that I am seeing the boys play and learning about the safety measures the Coaches and Football League takes, I am not sure that I would mind it as much if they decided to give it a go.


Ryan's 9th birthday followed cheerleading. It's kind of crazy how 9 years ago while I was in labor with Ryan all of my high-school classmates were celebrating the 10 year reunion.  Am I showing my age now. . . Ha ha!  

We couldn't have asked for any better of a day. The weather was cool in the morning and pleasant in the afternoon, more like a September afternoon than August.  There were lots of family and friends there to celebrate with us, including the Editors of Cupcake Mag, Chic Style Modern, and The Bunch and Beyond.  They are such lovely ladies!


We skipped cake and went for cupcakes this year.  Our favorite so far are the Glorious Treats Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes.  Originally we were going to whip up a batch of Billy's Bakery cupcakes, but Glorious Treats seem to have better reviews.  If you decide to make this recipe, my only recommendation would be to fill the cupcake liners 1/2 full instead of 2/3.  Our first batch overflowed, and looked more like they had Mickey Mouse ears.  Due to time, we opted for Betty Crocker's icing but used a decorator's bag and tip to frost them.  The American Buttercream Frosting looks delish, so we might have to whip up a batch for the Labor Day weekend.

Mom Mom had the little one's full of laughter running around the yard.  I wonder how long they could have ran around, laughing all the while.


Meet Grayson, Cupcake Mag's littlest.  Isn't he just a doll? I think I had him stuck to my hip most of the day.  Grayson is such a happy baby, full of smiles and drool.  Momma and Daddy are supposed to be going on a little vacation soon, and I just can't wait to have him for the weekend!


Meet Nicholas, my oldest. Apparently once you hit high school, you are no longer interested in being photographed. Is this what my pictures of Nicholas are going to look like for the next 4 years? I certainly hope not!


Meet Madison, daughter to the Editor of Chic Style Modern, learning how to ride a skate board.  Madison excels in athletics (I think she must get it from her Mommy) and took right off on the skate board.



On another note, I must skip off on my merry way. Till next time friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment